Whilst we cannot be whisked off on a romantic staycation or travel to an exotic island to escape the winter blues this Valentines… we can give the gift of memories and dreams from the comfort of our very own homes!
Holly Clark, Editions Founder
Everyone has a place in the world that will remain remarkable for them. A foreign city where they got engaged; the destination for their wedding day; the location of their first family holiday; a landmark birthday celebrated on distant shores or simply a place shared with friends when travel was easy and spontaneous.
Here are my top picks this Valentines Day…
- Como Sunset #2. – the shores of Como have always been a jaw-dropping location in this world. It’s home to weddings, proposals, weekends away, special moments and many memories. I always look at this photograph and think Como looks so perfect – it could be a painting!
2. Oia Sunset – this world-renowned Santorini sunset captured from Imerovigli looking out over the caldera to Oia. One of the most romantic sights in the world.
I hadn’t ever witnessed a round of applause for a sunset before I visited Santorini where onlookers cheer and clap every night as the sun drops below the horizon…
3. Cartier Bond Street – In 1902 Cartier opened their first outpost in London at the request of the then Prince of Wales. To this day, they remain the only foreign jeweller to hold a Royal Warrant. Cartier is iconic.
4. City Skyline #2 – there’s a reason every second rom-com is set in New York… it is the King of romantic cities and the perfect getaway. This shot is one of my favourites of the city – taken 70 floors up from the Rockefella Centre – it’s the best views this city has to offer.
5. Venice – a strong contender in the worlds most romantic cities… how could I just choose one print. From Saint Mark’s Basilica to the Venetian gondoliers it’s the city of love…
Before lockdown, there was never a month when I wasn’t travelling and I hope Editions will resonate with everyone who has a special connection to the places I have been fortunate enough to visit myself.
Happy valentines day lovers xx